Saturday, February 6, 2010

WINTER WONDERLAND

HI,I am back! Sorry that I have not blogged for such a long time..but life has been very busy and just plain no time for blogging.
But today is such a serene and relaxing day that I just wanted to share it with all of you. Last night our snow started falling here on the Jersey Shore around 10pm and is still snowing ever so lightly for now.It is a beautiful snow storm.We were very lucky and only have received 6-8 in so far(another front is still coming with more later in the day). But at 3:30am my small dog just had to go out,so she ever so patiently waited by my bed(I can actually sense when she is there and I awake rather quickly),so I awoke and let her out the back door.As I stood there and watched out for her,I so enjoyed the calmness that the storm was bringing with it,complete quiet,no snowplow,no one had walked on it's beauty yet(except for the few dog prints that Lady had made) and such a pure whiteness to it .The tree limbs were covered softly as if angels had just dusted them lightly with angel dust!
I never before could enjoy a snow storm.I always feared the worst part of one,I awaited the loss of power,the shoveling of it,the cleaning off of the cars etc.But as I grow older I now realize that I will worry about those things as they happen,not before and just enjoy the beauty of the moment "in that moment".So for my friends down in Florida and south that were not affected by the snow,I am glad that I can share with you some of it's beauty for most of you migrated from the East Coast to South! Have a wonderful day,Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment